Friday, May 20, 2011

not much going on




Hi Friends and Readers,

Haven't been posting much. This is mostly due to the headache I have had for about 6 days now. It is so draining. I suspect the etiology is the extended pollen season. Charlotte ranks 3rd worse in the country for allergies. I tried for years to find a way to control my symptoms but nothing ever worked.






I have been trying to get to Fine's Musical Instruments To get James West to adjust the action on the Yairi DY-40 and take a crack at making my mandolin playable. Driving that far just seems like too much of an effort. I did manage a breakfast date with my friend Marsha on Monday. I was able to get to The Flaming Lips show and stay through the whole show on Tuesday evening. On Wednesday evening I made to a meeting to see a sponsee pick up his 90 day chip. Thursday a checkup at my dentist. This morning I awoke to find it had rained a bit, into my car as I left the top down yesterday. Oops. Not much though. I've spent most of my time this week, just playing with the puppies in the yard. Made Orange-Cranberry muffins with Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee, and a side of analgesics.





Today Rebecca and I are planning to smoke cigars (Arturo Fuente 858) in the backyard when she gets back from work. We are having breakfast at Toast on Saturday. Speaking of Saturday, some religious loony has predicted (apparently for the 4th time) that it will be Judgement Day. Wouldn't it be funny if it actually happened?




Offered to write up the Primus show on June 1st. We'll see if Honest Tune comes through.


No comments:

Post a Comment