Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Damn it's hot.

93 degrees at 5pm. I could feel the water being sucked right out of me. Even the puppies were panting, and in fact, still are. It is still 4 weeks away from Summer. The Summers are getting hotter and hotter.

4 weeks to the day until the 2nd annual Big City Birthday trip. I bought an updated Frommers Guide today and have been searching the Internet for events to attend. It was so hot in Washington, DC last year (set records every day) and we tried to do so much. I am thinking of taking it more slowly and spending more time at each gallery and museum. We may wander down to Greenwich Village or through Central park. Probably no fancy restaurants this time. We don't want to bother with the proper clothes or the expense, reservations or waiting. I hear there are Italian restaurants up there.

Got my desk cleaned off and filed over a years worth of paper. First I had to clean out the file drawer. That took about three hours. I even found my tax returns from 1994. Then came the organizing of the files I wanted to save. Another two hours. Still, another task off the "things to do list of things I'd like to do, but can put off until another day" list.

Made an appointment to get new glasses, finally. Feeling fatigued the last few days, more than usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment