Thursday, May 26, 2011

Hello Readers

I have to confessed that I am surprised to see so many of you dropping by to read the daily musings of a disabled brain cancer survivor who is no longer able to work and spends his days, playing his guitars, playing with his dogs, listening to world radio on shotwave, occationally getting out to concerts and attending Narcotics Anonymous meetings.

So hello to my US fans as well as those in Germany, Canada, Russia, Brazil, Denmark, France, Iran, Japan and Hungary. I would love to read your blogs, just post a link or send an email.

I started this blog after blogging for 4 years on MySpace. During that time, while finding out I had developed brain cancer, many of friends and acquaintances were able to keep up with my amazing and difficult remission and recovery. Here is a link to that blog: previous blog.

With my new SDR-IQ radio I've logged 51 different countries, mostly hard to get stations, regional Brazilians, South American and African stations. My lastest catch was Guinea. Anxiously awaiting the sunspot count to rise and increase the radio wave propgation around the world. SDR radio is so cool.

The new Santa Cruz guitar is wonderful. I've decided to go with a Fishman Anthem SL pickup and get the action set a bit lower. Once I get back from the New York City vacation, I'll take it to my guitar tech for that installation. I play each guitar every week, although the Santa Cruz does get a bit more love these days. Number 2 is the Gibson J-200, which is a fantastic instrument. The gods were smiling on me on the day she came into my life.

I must confess that I do get lonely sometimes. I am what Sociologists call "field dependent." I get energy from my relationships with others, but there are few others in my life. Everyone is so busy that sometimes I feel a bit ignored. It appears if you aren't putting yourself out there, people forget. I attend concerts and know so few people, unlike a few years ago. Of course, my weakened condition does keep me home most of the time. Still trying to deal with the solitude. Not complaining, just the way it is now.


No comments:

Post a Comment