Tuesday, May 24, 2011

good evening friends

I guess it has been a few days since I gotten around to writing. Oddly, haven't had much to report, not too many thoughts. It is strangely peaceful for a guy who had a fevered and busy mind and life for the past few decades. A relaxed, calm life is still like moving to a foreign country where nothing happens in a hurry and very little has to happen today.

Finally got around to taking the Yairi D-40 in for a set up.  If I don't fall in love with it again, I may sell it. In either case, a good set up will help. I also took my Mid-Missouri Mandolin in as well. Jeff (the tech) said he'd sold a couple of them in the past (factory burned down and they went out of business) and had a favorable opinion of their mandolins. Thought I might see if I can learn to play again. I quit playing after my ex wife (#4) complained so of the sound. The frets are small and the chords strike me as weird. But, maybe I can add bass and madolin to my recording, when I get around to actually recording. I've found the Zoom H2 to be an excellent little recorder but think it may be easier to get a usb mic and go straight into the computer. I wonder if I can use the H2 straight into the computer. Research time.





It is getting hot here in the daytime. The puppies are anxious to go out and very quickly ready to get back inside to the air conditioning.


Look like the New York City trip is still on. 29 days from today. 3 weeks until Phish!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment