Sunday, May 1, 2011

easy weekend, bluegrass and a surprise

Made meetings both Friday and Saturday nights. Had breakfast (at Toast, of course) with Rebecca. Spent much time sitting in the sun discussing the fate of the country with Rick. I'm lucky to have two tenets I enjoy.

Sunday morning off to the Bluegrass festival, Merlefest. This was the 10th time I have attended, the first in a long while though. I attended regularly from 1996-2004. That was during my Bluegrass phase which came after my Grateful Dead phase (1986-1995).

I spent a lot of time in the musical instrument tent. There were many fewer dealers and guitars than I remember from before. There were a bunch of mandolins and while I did play any of them, I was tempted to take mine to Fine Music in Stateville and get it set up. There was a large display of Taylors, but I just walked past them. I've played a few I like but next guitar purchase was to be another Gibson.


Be waiting on that Gibson for a while yet.

Exhausted from lack of sleep and the Festival. Oh right, that was good too. Saw Doc Watson, Alison Brown, Infamous Stringdusters, Tim O'Brien, and Robert Plant's, Band of Joy. A good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment