Tuesday, November 1, 2011

another day



November 1. Time marches on no matter what. As I get older, time passes more quickly. I was feeling better today, until I decided to go play the guitar. When I walk into the guitar room to play I look at my choices and grab the one that calls out. Today the Yairi WY-1-12 was calling the loudest. This is a 12 string guitar which requires stronger hand. I played for almost an hour and afterwards I my left side was sore, sore, sore. Broke out the old Doc Watson tune, "Deep River Blues."



Chelsey wrote back saying she would try to make it here for the PGroove show this Saturday. I would like this. Bet I can find the energy to make it to the show if properly inspired.


This is the 2006 Yairi WK-1-12. Handmade in Japan based on the original WK designed by Bob Weir. Sitka top and rosewood b/s makes is a bright and sparkly sound when strummed. I bought this guitar from a guy in California. It arrived with a couple of issues that my guitar tech was able to repair, but at a cost of over $200. My tech changed out the bridge and set the action and the difference in tone and volume was amazing. The 12 string guitar is fairly limited but when you need a 12 string you need a 12 string.

No comments:

Post a Comment