Thursday, November 3, 2011

hair falling out

Yesterday while in the shower, I found my hair beginning to fall out. I thought I'd keep it a little longer. Even the beard is falling at as well. So, I'm going to finish my coffee, shower, shave off what's left of the beard and go out for breakfast. Then I'll head to Norton's barber shop and ask them to shave my head. (last time I was there I wasn't too happy with my haircut.) I don't see how they can screw this up, lol.

Sadly I'm not one of those for whom baldness really works, I just look like I have no hair. I haven't  been clean shaven in too many years to count. My hair all fell out in the fall of 2008 after the radiation for the brain tumors. To everyone's surprise, most of my hair did grow back.

As I told a friend, "well at least I'll look like I have cancer and not having to explain why I'm so ill."

So, the speech to text app (Dragon) that I installed the other day works pretty well. I find the accuracy and correct spelling to be impressive. I think the hard part will be re-learning to dictate, which I did in my professional life. For no good reason I'm typing this rather than using the app.

Well, time to get shaving. Sadly I'll miss my beard. Hope after all the chemo that everything will start to grow back.

Bye hair, bye beard.

1:00pm

Back from the barber's shop and all the hair and beard is gone. Head is chilly. Need to buy hats. No pictures yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment