Friday, November 25, 2011

Black Friday

Good morning friends,

Busy, busy. Had the annual get together at my house last night of high school friends who come back to town to visit their families for the holiday. I think this is the 5th year we've done this. At least this year I didn't wait until Thankgiving Day to find snacks for the guests.

Got a hit on my ad to sell the piano. She asked to come see it this morning but has not confirmed so I won't wait around. I once sold a piano the day before I moved and had hidden all the boxes in another room so the buyer wouldn't know and sold that day. So Shelly and I are heading out to shop for silly hats for my bald head. Yes, into the throws of Black Friday shopping.

I've had to the Mastertone 80/20's strings on the Santa Cruz guitar for about a week now. This is the 4th set I've tried, looking for just the right sound. I am delighted with these strings and shall declare the search over. Adding new songs to the list, "Closing Time" (supersonic), "Deep River Blues" (doc watson), "Carefree Highway" (gordan lightfoot), and "Learning to Fly" (foo fighters), among others. All great songs. I am enjoying playing more than ever. I'm in the guitar room by 9am each morning these days.

Better get ready to go.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment