Wednesday, November 16, 2011

rainy day

Good morning.

It's raining here today. Looks like it'll be raining all day. The Corgi's seem to know this and have sacked out for the morning. Today the rain is saying to me, play the guitar. Think I'll change the strings on the Yamaha LL26 today. I've started working on Doc Watson's, "Deep River Blues" and "St. James Infirmary."





I haven't been listening to the shortwave radio as much lately. Solar conditions are improving and it's time to get a better antenna up in the air. I've choosen one that should pull in the tropical bands. My existing antenna does not pull in the 60/90/120/160 meter bands very well. I believe it is not placed high enough. The new one will be hung 25 feet up (or as high as I can) and sloop downward to about 9 feet. I think I'll order it today. Then I'll need to the extra coax and fittings. Once I get everything together, I'll get the workmen next door to bring over a ladder and place the high end on the roof and the lower end to a nearby tree or pole.

Getting over the chemo is taking longer than I'd like. Maybe it'll be over by the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment