Tuesday, June 28, 2011

not much new


Eleven days until my trip to Pawley's Island, SC to shoot at Erin's wedding. Vicki and I haven't rescheduled the NYC trip. My ankle is still very sore and so I've been keeping close to the house and trying to stay off of it as much as possible.

My wonderful brother came over this morning to clear the weeds from one side of the yard. He spent about two hours sawing and hacking and dragging the weeds to the street. Great fellow. I think he's decided to leave his job. It is a shame because he very good at his job but his boss is not. Last night the Board of Education in his county met and took no action against her, even though there were numerous complaints. When he leaves it will make all three ass't principals leaving at the same time. We think that she's had the last 8 ass't principals leave complaining of her management style. I am not surprised that the organization failed to protect the members of the staff and support only the top management.  I've studied Organizational Psychology and predicted this would happen. The first rule of organizations is to protect the top management.

I've been playing the guitars and the mandolin a lot during my infirmity. Still loving that Santa Cruz, but everyone else still gets their turn. Yesterday new strings for the Yamaha. Today, the Martin and the Gibson as well as the mando got some love. Tomorrow the 12 string and the Yairi and maybe even plugged in. Looking forword to getting the pick up installed on the Santa Cruz. Should hear in the next day or two it is at the shop.

The weather here has been hot, hot, hot. Over 95 degrees again today. It is raining all around, but none for us so far today. Even my central air conditioner is straining to keep up.

No comments:

Post a Comment