Friday, June 24, 2011

Birthday!

Hi readers and a special greeting to new visitors from Italy, Singapore, Mexico, the UK, and Argentina.

Today is my 54th birthday. I don't anyone grows up thinking, what will I be like when I am in my 50's? We might think of what our 30's might be like, what we'll be doing, where will we be living. But 50's, I guess no one glamorizes that decade when they are younger. I certainly didn't. I don't think I ever considered it at all.

So, here I am. Disabled due to cancer of the brain (which is all better now), living alone or rather with my two welsh corgi dogs, and today heading to the doctor's office to get an X-ray of my foot. Yes, the foot injury that kept me from my vacation this week.

Drinking coffee, smoking my pipe, eating muffins I baked yesterday, and watching Wimbledon on the TV. Then I'll continue the birthday celebration with the X-ray. Dinner at my brother's house.

Kind of depressing huh?

Home from the Doctor's Office. X-ray shows no break, only a bad strain. Have to wear soft cast for two weeks. Relaxing now with movies from Netflix.

No comments:

Post a Comment