Sunday, July 3, 2011

Another Sunday Morning



Organic Indonesian coffee and the usual Sunday morning homemade chocolate chip muffins and the movie Zoolander. I know, it an amazingly bad, strangely funny movie, but right for a Sunday morning.






Seven days until Erin's wedding. I bought all new polarized lens filter and hood covers since it will probably be brighter on the beach than any venue I have shot. Planning on taking 14gb of storage cards and the laptop for storing and reviewing. I expect to shoot 10,000 photos. OK, maybe not 10k, a bunch anyway. I've only shot one wedding and I worry so since "do overs" are kind of difficult to accomplish. I cannot wait to take a swim in the ocean and hang out with friends.

The New York City trip is back on and booked. We are leaving on the 20th and returning home on the 24th. I'll have to miss a few shows that will be here that weekend. In preparation for the trip, I've been studying the movements in modern art. Never been a big fan of realism in art, I gravitate towards Impressionism and the French and German artists of the late 1800's and early 1900's. Also the Surrealists and other non representational arists, like Klee and Pollock. My mother's second husband was an artist and I grew up watching him paint. Some of my favorite experiences have been in art galleries. I love the Tate Modern in London and MOMA (the Museum of Modern Art) in New York. This trip I hope to take it slowly and spend lots of time in the Met, MOMA, the Gugginheim and the Frick. The only other place to see the American Natural History. We plan to take one whole day there. There is always the temptation to see everything, but this trip we plan to visit just a few places and spend moe time in each.



I made this trip in 2005 with Harriet to the galleries. I am so looking forward to seeing my favorite art again. Bucket list left is Paris and Madrid.

Looking at art brings me the same experience as listening to music. Speaking of music, my new downloads have been Mumford and Sons, Kate Bush, Bela Fleck's new album, and Stone Temple Pilots. There is so much great music out there.

I am in the process of learning new songs on the guitar and removing from my binder the songs I've given up on playing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment