Saturday, June 18, 2011

Phish and 4G speed

Made it to the Phish show in Charlotte last night. Found my seat and stayed there through the first set. It was very crowded and headed out to the lawn the second set. I was happy with the song selection of the first set. Near the back of the lawn I found a spot. Sort of looking for familiar faces but only saw one. I stayed through the middle of the second set and became tired and again, I just hate going places alone. So I head out before the end of the second set. This morning I read the set list only to find my favorite two songs are played after I left. Let me take a moment to thank all tapers. Downloading last night show right now.

I put my Verizon HTC Thunderbolt through a series of tests for speed for download and upload to the Internet. I used an app called speedtest.net. I used the 3G network connection and was able to get 2.2mb down and .6 up. When connected to my home network I am able to get 7.5mb down and 1.1 up, which is what I get on the computers here at the house. When I was sitting at VerizonWireless last night I tested my 4G, I was able to get 29.6 down and 7.8 up. Amazing.



My first Internet connection to a Unix mainframe (1987) was through a 14.4kb. So my phone is over 2000 times faster than my first connection through my 1 mb, 8 mhz, Macintosh.

Took Russell with me to the Davidson College campus to take mores photos for creating HDR images. It is a long an time consuming process and I am about halfway down. I'll post the better one's here and then on my website.

Four days until NYC!

No comments:

Post a Comment