Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Financial planning done

Major goal attained! I have been working towards this day for over two years. My goal was get everything organized and not draw from my investments until June when I would get my health insurance through Medicare. One is awarded Medicare only after being officially disabled for two years. I guess they figure many will die during that time, saving the governement the extra paperwork.

My finances have been so unmanageable as my medical bills were so high from the initial illness and made worse by continuing large bills at random and not so random intervals. In the past twelve months I've spent close to $20,000 on health related costs. The year before that, way more. It was nearly impossible to make any kind of budget.

Now that I have Medicare I should not be hit with large medical expences. I organized my bills the other day. I still have one medically related bill left from the past year, I'll have that knocked out in another year.

Everything is in order and as long as nothing changes (yea, right) everything is settled. My goal is to be completely out of debt with the year, or so. Then I'll just be poor.

No comments:

Post a Comment