Sunday, December 12, 2010

Rainy and cold Sunday morning

Warm inside wearing my favorite sweater, made in Nepal from wool, green with a big Om stitched into the wool. I once made it through a multi-day visit to Amsterdam in March with only this sweater and a Goretex shell coat. What was I thinking?

Puppies sleeping and I'm heading to the guitar room for a little strumming and picking and singing. I think I'll make a crab soup for lunch and biscuits. Tomorrow I'll make chili and crank up the bread maker.

Continuing to work towards accepting my reality. I would say new reality but after 2 1/2 years, it ain't all that new. My acceptance is new. I have fought and fought and searched and searched for an answer, a solution, and now have decided to stop fighting. Doesn't mean I shall give up but only to accept this fate and stop trying to live my old life.

New shortwave antenna should get here soon. Once it does I'll check all the connections, and off to the store to find rope, insulators, and grounding items. The last part will be finding a way to get the coax into the house. I've decided on a inverted L design for its non-directionality and that I can use the balun closer to the ground, both figuratively and literally. Hoping to get about 63 feet horizontally and then 17 feet vertically. I'll remember to place tape every five feet on the rope to estimate the height and length of the the antenna.

Off to the guitar room.

No comments:

Post a Comment