Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas morning musing

Up at 6:30a, the curse of going to bed early. Turn on the Weather Channel, as always, to start the day, and low and behold, a completely different forecast in the making. Snow this afternoon,snow tonight, snow tomorrow! Food in the fridge, heat in the house, new Christmas present Roku all hooked up and configured. Puppies out in a balmy 35 degrees, I, as usual, overdressed. Not a sound was heard, no car seen. The quietest morning I can remember. Listened to the BBC for a few minutes. Buffy marathon on the TV (season 3). Eric to come over at 2p and I guess we'll watch another episode of Dexter, and call our mother. The plan is to head to Joyce's for presents and dinner around 4pm. Maybe we'll make over in the snow. If it does snow it'll be the 4th white Christmas in 136 years. Yea, yea, Life in the South.
Next, into the kitchen to make muffins and another attempt at the bread machine. I'm on some weird bread baking trip. I think it is time to revive my cooking skills, which have atrophied over the past couple of years.

My new life plan of acceptance of my current life seems to be working . If it is an energy day or even moment, I get busy on my projects, and if not I don't torture myself thinking I should be doing something. Acceptance. Another part of the "new life" is working on Compassion. So far a dual action of being nice to everyone all the time, avoiding conflict and when I can helping others avoid conflict. Secondly, when feeling judgemental, to remember to imagine myself in their place, to remember that I could be in the others dilemma. You know, a put for the Grace of God thing.

I used to believe that telling people what they needed to hear was a good thing. Maybe it was but at such a cost to myself. I am detaching from that notion and trying just to be inviting. If someone wants my opinion, they can ask. No more inviting myself.

Back to meditating more and looking to a greater conscious contact. Through bread making, lol. Time to mix ingredients and preheat the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment