Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas week

Had breakfast at Toast (of course) with my friend and sponsee, Mitchell. He has been busy with health issues in his family and has been out of state for several weeks. This was the first time I've seen him in a long while. After an hour and a half, we weren't finished talking and plan to have breakfast again tomorrow. Thursday morning brother Eric and I are headed to Asheville to see our mother for the day to celebrate our Christmas with her. We shall celebrate with our other family on Christmas evening.

Tried a new guitar string, Newtones, from England, on the J-200 and the  Yairi WK-1 12 string. Wow, what an improvement. I can't wait to try them on the Yamaha, the Martin D-15 and the Yairi Dy-40. Unfortunately they are about twice the price of the D'Addarios (and I have about 12 packs of those). On the Gibson they are slightly higher tone but more even. On the 12 string they toned down the jangling of the higher strings. On both they give a sweeter, richer sound.

Two days ago, one of my neighbors brought 4 8 year old girls to my door bearing a small bag of Christmas cookies. I haven't had a chance to talk to her (I don't even know her name) to tell her what a sweet thing she had done. Seems she invited the girls over to her house to do the baking. I believe they were stopping at all the houses nearby. I was touched by the gesture.

A bit fatigued today, some muscle pain. Hoping for a burst of energy to go play with the puppies and the guitars.

No comments:

Post a Comment