Wednesday, December 8, 2010

December 8

Not much new. Russell got a new toy for no reason except I am a compulsive dog toy shopper. He loves it and won't even let me touch it. He ground scored a bagel from the neighbor's yard and carried it around until he could tear off a piece. It is cold and windy but we'll try to walk downtown to visit Laura at her new job at Summit coffee. Skye is getting to her perfect weight and can be a real trooper on these long walks. She likes to walk on her leash, Russell prefers to run. He is very good at staying with us or returning when called.

My new shortwave radio arrived. The higher frequency bands are active and over the next three or four years the lower one's should start propagating too. The antenna tuner should arrive today, so I'm trapped until UPS arrives. I missed them yesterday. Two transformers have been ordered. I have begun testing the level of electrical interference, most for the AC connections in each room. Then I'll know where to arrange the antennas.  Next problem, how to get the coax into the house.

I have an appointment to get the results of the blood work tomorrow morning. Maybe, hopefully, I'll get an answer.

UNC and UGA won in basketball. Woohoo. Xmas jam on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment