Friday, July 30, 2010

Amelia's Mechanics & Cadillac Sky

Wednesday evening Mitchell and I head to Charlotte to see my friends in, Amelia's Mechanics. Only recently formed, AM is a three piece band playing Americana, akin to folk and Bluegrass. An unusual arrangement of instruments, Molly McGinn (Martin D-28), Molly Miller (hollow body Fender Telecaster) and Kasey Horton (Viola). Molly and Molly share the vocals. The are touring in support of their first album, "North, South." I've never seen a new band making such a name for themselves so quickly. On the strength of their songwriting, these musicians are going to be very well known very soon. I only wish they'd get to Charlotte more often!






I first met Molly McGinn when she was fronting for Thacker Dairy Road.





Set List: 7.28.2010

French Press, Moonshine Driving, Tidal Waves, John Cash Jeans, Kill Devil Hills, Cornflower King, Lace Gloves, Nina, Phoenix, Deep Ellum





The headliner that evening was Cadillac Sky. A particularly energetic band of guitar, mando, banjo and fiddle somewhere between Bluegrass and country. They were a fun band to see. I didn't care much for the country based numbers, way too Nashville for my tastes.

No comments:

Post a Comment