Saturday, July 10, 2010

weekend and optimism

Good day to you all.

Decided to try Craigslist again and lo and behold a used Martin D-15 was listed. Way below the price of a new one. Also looks like a real Mahogony one rather than the Sapale tonewood.  The aren't making these any longer so there are fewer and fewer for sale. I searched Craigslist for nearly every city in NC and SC just this week finding only one. There was one for sale in Chapel Hill but the owner admitted there was some truss rod vibration. It might be adjusted but if not, it'd have to be repaired and was listed at nearly the same price as the one closer to me, just in Rock Hill.

Called and set up a time Monday morning to see it, after my trip to the BMW dealership to try again on that repair to the Stability Control. Having played and liked the Martin D-15, I just need to make sure there's nothing wrong with this one.
 
So I may sell one of my Yairi DY-67's. I would have to chose which but I'd probably keep the one I bought in 1987. Sentimental I guess. They are both lovely but I don't really need both as they are nearly identical. This plan would be in keeping with my zeroing out guitar purchases.

So, I'm optimistic about the auto repair and the guitar's condition.

Tonight The Mantas are playing about 5 miles from the house. Woohoo!

Wish me luck on everything! Love.



No comments:

Post a Comment