Tuesday, July 13, 2010


   This started out as the strangest day possible. Apparently I got a call last night but was asleep and my phone somehow did not record the call. Checking Facebook I saw that my ex- best friend Brad was admitted to the hospital for a brain tumor. Last guy I wanted to see. I got right in the car and drove to the hospital. I didn't want to ask the P.A. anything in front of Brad, so I don't know much of the details. Fortunately his surgery, which is going on now, is being performed by the same neurosurgeon who did mine. Brad seemed a bit "out of it." I'm not sure if was his nervousness or the effects of the tumor.

   It was totally weird for me to suddenly let go of all that resentment and rush to his side. I guess we never know what we are capable of until the situation arises. I'll go back tonight to see him.

I won't detail the recent events in our relationship. If you know me well enough to be reading this, you probably already know.

No comments:

Post a Comment