Wednesday, July 7, 2010

PGroove tomorrow night

My good friend Hal is driving up to meet me and we are going to make the round trip to Raleigh on Thursday night to see our good friends, PGroove. I haven't posted any new photos on their website in a while. The Lincoln Theater is a great place to shoot, a balcony and a stairwell right in the middle of the room. Driving time about 6 hours. Should be a challenge for anyone, but will be a test of my blossoming health. There will be coffee, lots of coffee. Top down, wind in what's left of my hair, lol. Radar detector on high. Lots of CD's.

Today's obession is an all mahognany Martin D-15. I had planned to go play it again at Fines Musical Instruments in Statesville today. This guitar has a nice woody tone and entirely different than my others. I think it would make a great blues guitar. I am curious to try the neck again. When I was at Fine's last week I played several guitars and remember that one standing out, but need to see if I like the neck well enough. Most Martin's necks I find too large, but has a mod low oval neck profile, but I'm still not sure how I'll like it over the long term. Hence the reason for the visit. However, after breakfast, which didn't end until after 11am, it was just too damn hot. I guess I'll try for a visit on on Saturday or early next week.


Nice to see so many of you following my blog. I intend to cover the use of the Digitech Jamman looper, the TC Helicon Vocal Harmonizer GT-X and the Zoom A2 acoustic guitar pedals in detail. Also how the health insurance game works. I am waiting to hear from BCBS and I'll know more firsthand.

Thanks for reading and showing an interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment