Tuesday, April 3, 2012

waffles and good health

Waffles!

Made it to the Tea Leaf Green show this past weekend. Raining pretty hard but I was determined to build my concert muscles. Lots of shows coming up in April, so I have to be in shape. Holy Ghost Tent Revival, Dead End Parking, PGroove x2, Chris Knight, Leftover Salmon, Gomez and Merlefest on the list.



CT and MRI in the middle of the month. Expecting nothing but good news. I think I've may have the answer to my fatigue problem of the past three years. As it appears to be lifting, I now believe that maybe my body needed that energy and for me to reduce my activity level in order for my body to fight off the cancer. Since I'm still alive and most on that road aren't, something must be different. I fought against and tried everything to overcome this debilitating condition. Now I am thinking it may have been my body trying to get better and I just lacked the patience to wait. Although at the time I feared the condition would be permanent. Guess not, and happily so.

I'm walking everyday and just 2 months ago I was barely able to walk 2 blocks now cover two miles. I know how to get back in shape. Start slowly and work to failure. Then, again. Granted at 54 maybe harder than at 24 or 34, but it'll happen. I'm persistent if nothing else. I don't fail and I don't quit. I don't even know how to quit.

Canker worms at record levels. Damn bugs everywhere. Enjoying the warm weather. I mean me, not the bugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment