Wednesday, April 11, 2012

just another day

Good morning. Seems I haven't blogged in a week. I think I've gotten some bug or another as I have more symptoms from the treatments, rearing their ugly heads. I have learned, though all this, to listen to my body. I'm getting better but more slowly than I'd like, of course. Hair is growing in, maybe more gray than black. Still managing to walk everyday. Russell likes walking.

I've started cooking for myself. As a result I have a refrigerator full of food. Love the new waffle maker.

PGroove is playing the Neighborhood Theater on Friday. If I have to crawl to Charlotte to make it to the show, then I shall.  Order a ticket for Phish this summer. I hate paying so much for a show. $10 to mail a single ticket, simply outrageous.

Next Monday I'm scheduled for full MRI/CT tests. I'm not worried. I'm hoping for a new baseline for health.

I'm reading "The Baroque Cycle" a three volume novel by Neal Stephenson. Total number of pages, around 2,700 and dozens of characters, set in the 17th century. I'm 500 pages into the second book.

One of my neighbors, who I did not know before, came over to discuss his brain cancer. His cancer also started in the lungs and metastasized to the brain. He was given Whole Brain Radiation and then chemo. He said he had not had a conversation with anyone before. It is really hard to discuss cancer with friends and family, but easier with fellow sufferers. I invited him to come over any time and we'd drink a beer in the backyard. Seems he's a fan of the New Belgian Brewery.

Shot a few pictures of Russell playing in the backyard.

click for Russell pics

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment