Thursday, March 1, 2012

new life

Now it is time to look forward and create a new life for myself. I've never been a "let things come to me" kind of guy. I like to make plans, set goals, and achieve. Always been fairly driven. I graduated with my undergraduate degree (one major, two minors) in 4 years. Considering I attended a big party school (ECU) and I was big party guy, demonstrates my need to get things done. Earned my Master's degree in 18 months. Then I decided to start a Ph.D. program and did complete that, too. They say, if you aren't compulsive before grad school, you will be before you graduate.

I found it very hard to take it easy and let my body heal. Almost 4 years of fighting the urge to get up and get going, even though I was so fatigued I could barely get out the door. I feel kind of guilty not producing, creating, accomplishing goals. I had to remember my #1 goal was to survive and I needed what energy I had to put into healing. Started learning to relax, which does not come naturally to me.

I'm wondering if I can take the lessons learned during my enforced relaxation and still get things done. Which will win out? Can the two ways of living work together? Maybe I just need to learn my limits.

Checking out an "Open Mic" night in Charlotte next week. I have the urge to perform.

Yesterday I hit the gym for the first time in years. Sore. No gym today, only walking.

To celebrate being healed, I'm thinking trip. France/Spain or Costa Rica? Would love to have a traveling partner, but haven't anyone now.

Now that Spring is close, I'm getting ready to break out the camera.

So what of the old life should be kept and what should be added? No limits, except running for Congress. Ain't going to that.





No comments:

Post a Comment