Wednesday, January 12, 2011

the point of this blogging

     I've been meaning to blog on why I am writing a blog. I was waiting until I knew why I was blogging. At first I thought I'd be writing about photography and music as I was already writing music reviews for Honest Tune. Really should write about photography, I sure have learned a lot in the years since I bought my Fuji S2 (wedding present from my 4th bride-to-be) and Photoshop 2. I haven't really written much about music either unless I attended the show, and I haven't been to very many of those lately. More or less randomly I get the urge to add parts about my life, external and internal.

So, why do I write? When I was very sick with the cancer and the treatments, I blogged on my MySpace page and was able to inform many people at once without them feeling like a response was required of them. I had over two hundred regular readers at that time. Then MySpace was eclipsed my Facebook, which has no easy blogging feature. As so many of my friends and acquaintances live far away, it is nice to let people know what is going on with me, esp. my challenges with my health and the healthcare system. (reminds me I have one to write about health insurance). If you have a blog and I know about it, I assure you I do keep up.

Another reason is to add a remote memory as I have so much trouble remembering anything recent, like the past few years ...or yesterday. I have been looking into the functions of the right Parietal lobe to understand what was damaged by the tumors, the surgery, the radiation, and  anti-seizure drugs. Interesting stuff. Seems the cancer tumors were more responsible than I originally thought.

But, I digress. Nap time. Even after a great night's sleep I can just suddenly feel fatigued. Like now. First hypnosis subject due tonight. It's been about 10 years since I last tried.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment