Sunday, January 2, 2011

a chance meeting by design

Good morning. I seem to be a morning blogger don't I? My brain works better in the morning, alway has.

Why does my dog mock me? Russell gets me up at 5:30am (went to sleep around 1am) to let him out, and then when I get up for good, find he crapped on the floor. I think he misunderstands the concept of outside. I just don't have the heart to do anything than give him a disapproving look.

Having pound cake and coffee for 2nd breakfast.





So on to today's note. Ever since I saw a photo of a young woman on the photos of Brian Tyndall's FB page, I was drawn to know more. After following her posts for a while I sent a friend request and it was accepted. I tossed out a few comments and last night one hit. Sai Surrealia (Sarah Tengin) asked how to find my dissertation. I suggested Interlibrary loan but she asked if I would be at a show at the NT on Friday. I figured it might be hard to discuss therapeutic alliance in a club, I suggested dinner and was accepted. Plans to be made.

Why do I want to meet her? I don't really know, more of an intuitive feeling. I get the feeling that she is a special person and I don't meet that many people that impress me. I found her blog this morning and am even more impressed. Maybe I'll know more on Friday.

Imagine asking to read my dissertation. My last three wives never bothered to read it. While I was looking up the libarary code, I found that my small work has been referenced, cited and even quoted several times. One researcher even used my data in a meta-analysis on the subject. Fun to see my name in print. It was like finding a closed chapter of my life. I suspect that the issues that interest Sai probably can be explained better than gleaned from my scientific prose.

I can always use another friend. I am really excited to meet her. Who wouldn't want to meet this girl?

No comments:

Post a Comment