Tuesday, September 28, 2010

new music business in Davidson

The Birdsnest opened this week on Main Street in Davidson. The main business is teaching guitar, bass, and voice lessons. The owner, Billy Jones, a local musician, is creating a space for musicians to bring their instuments and hang out and play. I visited (with my Martin D-15) on Monday for a couple of hours. Then again today (Yamaha LL26) and volenteered to help out in anyway I can. Billy does a lot of charity work and a portion of of every show goes to different local charities. We jammed both days and Billy is showing me how to add leads and alternate chords to my playing. We are going to trade work for lessons. I am so excited about finding folks to play with, and the opportunity to become a better musician.

Time for a puppy picture.  Skye



No comments:

Post a Comment