Friday, September 3, 2010

Necessity is the mother of invention

Having the quacking problem and needing to increase the gain of the guitars that do not have preamps built-in, I decided it was time to learn to use the Zoom A2 acoustic guitar pedal i purchased several weeks ago. My first hint on how to get past the awful sound was a posting advising the user to first set the unit into high gain, only available on starting the unit. Once I tried that the Zoom offered a reasonable tone, not the brash sound I'd encounter every time I had tried it before. After a quick reading of the manual, I was able to figure out how to configure the device. There are 47 separate effects that can be dialed in. I'll be spending the next few days testing out various sounds and creating patches that suit my various guitars. Once I become a Zoom Master, I'll write up a comprehensive set of instructions. But for now ...lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment