Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I had to take a life this morning

Around 4:00am I was awakened to a snap in the kitchen and I knew what had happened. I'd politely asked my unwelcome guest to leave earlier in the evening, but got no response. A little peanut butter to bait the trap and the cutest little mouse was caught. I think he would have made a nice pet. He was a soft gray with big eyes. I felt terrible. It was a merciful death, quick and painless. I'll have to bait another trap tonight.  I hope the little mouse finds a happy afterlife full of bagels.




Broke out the Yairi DYC-40 yesterday and after playing it for a few minutes I remembered the sound that captured my ears and my heart that morning at Fine's Musical Instruments in Statesville. Brighter than my other guitars, yet not too much and still a complex tone. This Yairi is Spruce top and Mahogony back and sides with an Alvarez Mark II system 600 preamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment