Sunday, November 21, 2010

took me a while to get back to this

Been a little busy, either getting done or sitting totally fatigued.

On Thursday, Nov. 11, my brother and I drove up to Asheville for our Mother's 75th birthday. Nice day and we had lunch and found a coffee shop where we stayed for a while. Weekend was uneventful, watched Georgia football. Had meals with my brother. Monday drove to Fine's Musical Instruments to have the tuning keys replaced in my Gibson J-200. Drove back on Tuesday with a repaired guitar.  On Thursday I headed to the Visualite in Charlotte to shoot and write up the Jimmy Herring Band. Excellent show. Much more energy live than the only CD this band has produced. Friday was another busy day. Starting at the Birdsnest working on the computer set up for the recording studio, breakfast, then the new Harry Potter movie.  Afterwards, my brother and his new girlfriend, invited me for dinner and to watch the UNC basketball game. Then we headed to the Neighborhood Theater to see (and shoot) Yo' Mama's Big Fat Booty band. Saturday we had breakfast at the Toast Cafe, as usual. The afternoon was doggy oriented, play time and walk. Then the fatigue hit again and just resting since. Appears that any energy I expend must be paid for afterwards.

Earlier I had signed up for the website BandMix. I sent out a few emails looking for people with whom to play. I was contacted my four different guys about play and each involved log conversations on interested, influences and goals.

Mike from Mooresville is coming over Monday after noon to play.  Paul from England by way of NJ, has sent scores for me to learn. Mike from New York will be moving down from NY in late December. Skydiving Rhino is up for a jam sometime. Lefty Bud is busy now but wants to try later.

Today, mostly fatigued. Need to edit photos of Herring Band and YMBFBB for Honest Tune and finish writing the review of the Herring band. My brother will be coming over to watch the UNC basketball game.

Next week is the Thankgiving week. Not too much planned right now, which seems to be the best way for me to roll as I cannot predict how I will feel any given day until I wake up. Yesterday simply doesn't predict today for me.

Found a new vocal aid from TC Helicon. It is a device like my vocal harmonizer, but this one corrects for tone. You can hear both your own voice and your corrected voice as a traning tool for singing on key. Looks like my Christmas present to myself.

http://www.tc-helicon.com/products/voicetone-correct-xt/

Thanks for reading. Hope I'll have more to say sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment