Tuesday, November 30, 2010

chasing the reason for my fatigue

My Neurologist appointment went well. I know what day if the week it is and what county his office is in. Oriented x3 and cranial nerves intact.  He recommended seeing my PCP for blood test for low Testosterone and paraThyroid levels. I think they just fried some of the circuits in my brain that could not repair themselves.

To date:

1st I thought is was the cancer effects, then the surgery, then the radiation (Whole Brain Radiation pretty much sucks, but they only use it when the side effects won't be a long term problem, because they figure you won't survive anyway. Then, I blamed each and every drug they gave me for seizures (oddly I've been off all of those since Easter without one single seizure). So if the next tests are negative, then I guess I'm fucked. I knew I'd feel like this someday but I thought is would be in my 70's. No male in my father's line (or mother's either) has lived past 65 anyway.

Consults: two radiation oncologists, a hematological oncologist, a neuropsychologist, 2 neurologists, 2 internal med docs, 10 hours of psychological testing, EEG, no answers. Last blood tests revealed nothing.

My Neurologist really pushed going into therapy. Didn't have the heart to tell him I know pretty much anything someone could tell me. My Master's degree is in Rehabilitation Counseling. The other problem with that is I have run out of money having spent it all on doctors, hospitals and insurance payments.  My insurance coverage for the last 4 months was over $4,000 and out of pocket well over that. 

Funny thing is I'm not depressed, overall I'm pretty happy, if frustrated. I just miss my old life.

No comments:

Post a Comment