Wednesday, October 27, 2010

kidney stones

Hi to you all.

I've been waylaid by a stone or two for the past few days. I have hardly left the house in more than a week. Quite painful and distracting. Hurts to even play my guitar. The pain isn't constant but often enough that keeps me from making plans as I never know when the more severe pain will hit. I've been researching diets again, but there seems to be almost no agreement between researchers. The worst part is trying out different diets because no one seems to know how long it takes to form a stone. Forming over possibly days, months or even years, makes it impossible to know what or what not to eat as without any time frame,and making researching even my own condition, impractical. Everyone does agree that drinking lots of water helps dilute the urine and in the case of existing stones, helps push them through. So I am pounding down the H2O.

So, I'm keeping up with the general news on several sites and reading as I can. An acquittance of mine just found out his cancer has returned. I'm presently research statistics on cancer returning and prognosis. Wow I'm finding myself having a strong emotion reaction to this news. I suppose I have been kind of repressing the thought that this could happen to me.

Well, storms and tornado warnings are heading this way and I better take out the puppies before it hits.

No comments:

Post a Comment