Sunday, October 17, 2010

another great weekend

Played on the Birdsnest front porch again on Saturday about noon, when it had warmed some outside. Not much foot traffic but I had a good time. I like performing and singing. Took the Yamaha this time and it is just a great guitar. Rusty and Billy were supposed to play but neither showed, so I played for about 90 minutes. Tooks the puppies for a long walk then got ready to head to Charlotte for the PGroove show.

It was an excellent show and the band played a lot of the older songs. The band didn't get started until 11:30pm and I stayed until the end and returned home around 2:30am. Happy as I could be.

While I was running around taking (297) photos, a young lady stopped me to express how much she had enjoyed my playing on Monday night. Not a quick enjoyed the music but she was quite emphatic and went on and on. She even said she took a picture of me playing. I had thought about skipping the next Monday but changed my mind and plan to go tomorrow night. I shall pick out 4 or 5 faster tunes, more geared towards audience and venue.

Posted the Elon pics and am presently working on the Neighborhood Theater show photos.

Monday, play at the Comet, Wednesday, Grace Potter and the Nocturnals at the Visualite, Thursday, PGroove in Asheville, and Saturday back at the Birdsnest for the open mic.

I am watching the foilage reports to find the right day to make a trip up NC 181 to Linville Gorge and the the Blue Ridge Parkway past Grandfather Mt. and on into Blowing Rock and back down NC 321. Right now it looks like early next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment