Sunday, October 10, 2010

great weekend

I'm glad to see the numbers of visitors here growing. I like sharing with the world.

Wonderful weekend.

Friday, lunch in Charlotte with Shelly.

Saturday

Breakfast with brother Eric and his new friend. She seems nice enough. We walked over to the Davidson College campus and listened to Billy and his band, Then home to play with the dogs. Around 1pm we head over to the Birdsnest to play at the open mic on the porch on Main Street. I played for an hour and a half, then Billy came down and played a few songs on my Yairi DYC-40.  A five year old made a request, for Dylan's "Knocking on Heaven's Door." Watched the Georgia game. Went to dinner with friends and hung afterwards with Billy (a different one) and Leslie. New strings for the Yairi before bed.

Sunday

Slept well and up early. Drove to Waxhaw to see my old friend Mike. A couple of weeks ago I felt that I should go down and see him, no idea why. We only had a few minutes as his wife wanted to go for a motorcycle ride. We agreed to try again in a couple of weeks.

Home to start house cleaning. My help was showing up at 4:30 and there were a few cleaning projects I had wanted to get done and of course, the pre-cleaning. Took the puppies for a walk. It was the best walk we've had. Skye was really a trooper and Russell was very obedient while off lease. We walked to and around campus. Can't believe I got up early, drove an hour, each way to see Mike,  made lunch and played with puppies, even brushing them, cleaning obsessively for 3 hours and then an hour walk with the puppies.

My house is so CLEAN!

Feeling so much better. Passing kidneys stones and experiencing such pain is very draining. Next week, I get my bridge repaired and a crown and the bill would be enough for a Gibson Dove guitar. Yes, the one I drooled over a few weeks ago. Maybe my dentist will buy the guitar, he can now afford it, lol. Unemployment office wants $2,300 back due to their accounting error. I appealed their decision and am waiting for their answer. After that first letter I received four more letter from the ESC. Two awarding me further umemployment and two more denying me employment. I had not applied. Boy are they raising the bar on incompetence.

Nobody came with a camera to shoot me so no pictures this time.

Set List:

Alice-in-chains (nutshell & got me wrong), chris knight (it ain't easy being me), lucinda williams (I can't let go). bob dylan (i shall be released), Alway look on the Bright Side of Life, Grateful Dead (black peter), gillian welsh (annabel), duncan shiek (barley breathing) and other stuff i can't recall right now.

This weeks shows:  PGroove in Elon on Wednesday, Grace Potter on Asheville on Friday, PGroove on Saturday in Charlotte.

Playing at the open Jam on Monday at the Comet (dilworth) with Jason and Saturday at the open mic at the Birdsnest in Davidson. Oh and UGA vs. Vandy. Big week.

Congrats Bulldogs on the win on yesterday. Go Dawgs!!!

Great story by Wayne Coyne of the Flaming Lips:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=7572601

No comments:

Post a Comment