Tuesday, October 12, 2010

last few minutes of rest before ...

I drove down to Dilworth last night to join in the open mic night at the Comet Grill. Jason invited me and his band (Noises 10) did most of the playing. The played lots of fun covers. Jason is very good. Unfortunately for me, there wasn't enough light on the stage to read my music and the more anxious I felt, the worse my memory became. Self rated: D. I plan to play only upbeat and faster songs. Oh and take a light, lol. While I was there waiting I realized most of my favorite songs to play are slow and low key. Plugged in and stood to play during my practice time today and worked on faster bar songs. Thinking of Dylan's "Everybody Must Get Stoned."

I'll play the slower stuff at Summit Coffee in their open mic nights and at the Birdsnest. Several people stopped to compliment me on my playing last night. Which was nice.

Tomorrow night, PGroove in Elon, Friday, Grace Potter in Asheville, PGroove, Saturday in Charlotte.

No comments:

Post a Comment