Thursday, October 21, 2010

coolest product ever ...Audioengine AW1

I previously used a Linksys Music Bridge to get music from my computer to my stereo wirelessly. Well they never upgraded the firmware/software and finally I could not get the software to function on Win7. After an exhaustive search for a device that would just send the sound from my computer to my stereo without building another computer, or spending over $300 for a solution, this week I received my Audioengine AW1. Only $100 and no software to install. A transceiver and receiver operating on the 2.4 ghz band send the signal at (mp3) 340 bitrate. So it does not use your wireless router. The transceiver connects through usb, so it will work with any computer and any OS, as well as an iPod. The receiver end plugs into a AC power plug then a 1/4 mini jack into a RCA jacks into the amplifier or even into powered speakers. The devices are about 2" x 1.5."

Set up is, plug in the transceiver (tiny sound card built-in) to the computer usb port. Then plug in the receiver into a wall jack and the RCA jacks into the amplifier.  That's it.

It is the cheapest wireless solution I could find and it sounds great.

http://audioengineusa.com/Store/Audioengine-W1;jsessionid=5sQZMQLTGjW8PV4LpsQbn2LJDkp4kCzJdyHQSJ67H9QLrQyWq7rXW0cLGvjSRvSpJsvn1LQGQzhkCj6Cv4zd9HbCCTWGphdF1CPTtCvfYQ3rhlGz8pgMdqLzYvfCnLh8!-226019192

No comments:

Post a Comment