Thursday, August 19, 2010

PGroove - Charleston -Yamaha

Starting out 3 hours late for Charleston as the rain is intense this morning. We've had more than three inches since last night. No real reason to fight floods and Charlotte traffic at the same time. Should be ending soon. Off to visit my friend Marsha and shoot the PGroove show on Friday night at the Music Farm. Haven't been there in years. First visit was to see Hottie and the Blowfish (long before they became famous). Ended up seeing them over 20 times. I met them through a girlfriend back in the early nineties.

Sorry for the paucity of posts. I've been sick for a week. Still not sure what but my physician thinks another kidney stone. I think it might be from eggs contaminated by Salmonella. Seems I got sick every day I had eggs, x3, this past week. Weighed 150 pounds when I visited the doctor yesterday.

Haven't seen PGroove in a while and shall be shooting and writing up the show for Honest Tune. Very excited to see my friends. This week I submitted an album review to the site.  The Mantras, Dharmland.

So I had my Yairi DY-67 for 23 years before I bought the Yamaha LLX26C. Then another Dy-67 and a Yairi WK1- 12 String, then a Yairi DYC-40, Martin-15 and finally a Gibson J-200. This morning I played the Martin and then the Yamaha. At that point I discovered that my Yamaha is the best of the lot. Took a circuitous route to come all the way back. I guess we learn the way we learn.














Damn, still raining. Trip report when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment