Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Have I gone insane?


Off this afternoon to look at a Gibson Songwriter Deluxe Studio (2006). Another closet queen popped up on Craigslist last night. Spoke to the owner this morning and perhaps will be the first in line to see it. This one is priced at roughly half the price of a new one. Premium Sitka (red) Spruce and Indian Rosewood b/s, mahogany neck. I thought after the recent Martin D-15 purchase I was through with my Guitar Acquisition Syndrome, at least temporaily. I'm running out of room.

Sadly the guitar did not meet up to my standards, one being not needing repairs and another factory quality control issues. The space between frets as they get closer to the body always get smaller. This one had a first fret smaller than the second or the third. We even measured it. I then grabbed a tuner and tested the sonic space and sure enough it was noticable. On the other hand I really, really like the SWD and shall certainly look for another, especially a Songwriter Deluxe Standard.


Maybe I can blame it on my neurological condition. (Note: this picture was taken before I acquired the Martin D-15.)














Looks like I'm not the only one with this condition.

http://www.guitaracquisitionsyndrome.com/Page_1.php

No comments:

Post a Comment