Friday, August 6, 2010

Gibson guitars

Looks like the Songwriter was sold. I'm glad because I wouldn't have been happy with it. So now  I'm considering the various versions of the Songwriter, Dove, L4, 45 and the Jumbo. I guess I'll be heading to the Guitar Center to try out the various models, so that when one becomes available I'll know which ones I like and be ready to move quickly if one comes along at a good price. Used Gibsons don't seem to stay on the market long. I had the opportunity to play a Dove when I was 16 and never forgot the sweet tones of that guitar.

Tuned one of the Yairi DY-67s to Eb to play Alice in Chains. Interesting sound and with the strings so much looser it is easier to bend the notes. Started with "Nutshell". This song has some interesting rhythms and make take me a while to get the chord changes down. I'm using the MTV acoustic version as a basis. Another difficulty is going to be the harmonies which are one of the things that make AIC songs so good. Hope my vocal harmonizer is up to the task. I'm afraid that the VocalLive 4 may be required to manually adjust the harmony to the correct pitch.

Nothing planned for the weekend. Still considering the six hour round trip to Raleigh next week to see Umphrey's McGee on Friday. It is an early show, 6pm, which would mean I could be home just after midnight. Saturday, George Porter, Jr. at the Double Door.

No comments:

Post a Comment