Tuesday, December 6, 2011

must be feeling better

Must have turned the corner on chemo #3. Taking an extra week off for Christmas so I should have an extra week of feeling better.

This morning I head to the guitar room and pick up the J-200 to working on my finger picking and flat picking. I like the wider neck for picking styles. Worked through "Deep River Blues", "Carefree Highway", and "Closing Time", among others. I tend to work on newer songs until I get them shaped, then they get back in general rotation. I have tried lots of songs, always choosing songs I really like. Then after getting them done, I work on them until I decide to keep it or toss it. There are a lot of great songs that just don't work with my voice or I can't get them to sound right with a solo voice and a single guitar.

I played for about an hour and took a short break, only to return to the room and the Santa Cruz and go electric. I worked on using the new preamp, the LR Baggs Para DI. The on to make the 1st effects patch for the Santa Cruz. Not bad. Need to learn a bit more about the Zoom A2 and the effects since every knob and switch seem to change multiple effects depending on the positions of the main switches.

The new pickup, the Baggs Anthem, sounds excellent, almost transparent. Been really happy with the 80/20 bronze strings. They've been on the Santa Cruz for about a week now. They were bright at first but now mellowing to a rich deep tone.

25 ft. of coax (PL-259 connections) arrived yesterday and all is ready to install a second shortwave antenna. Just need a 25 foot ladder and someone to climb and install the high end of the wires. I do not like ladders. At least the solar conditions, responsible for radio wave propogation, are finally improving. Looking forward to working the 90 and 160 meter (or topical) bands.

Brother Eric coming to watch the UNC basketball game tonight.

oh Skye suffered another seizure yesterday but came out of it well and with another bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment