Thursday, October 6, 2011

Radiohead's "The King of Limbs"

Downloaded Radiohead's latest album, "The King of Limbs." I like it but I'm suprised that so many others seem to as well.  I am not all that well-versed in the more popular music of the last decade, so I'm listening to the big names, Radiohead, My Morning Jacket, and on and on.

Lately I have been trying out different online music systems. Pandora, Google Music beta and now Spotify.  Pandora is a site where they intend to introduce the listener to new music based on the band you select. They play bands that a similar to the one you chose. I have one "station" called, The Flaming Lips, that plays an interesting list of new bands. Google Music beta is a cloud based system where you upload your own files to the site and then can access them on any computer and Droid cell phone. Spotify is a system for listening (not downloading) to any one of 15,000,000 songs on their site. Just download the app to your computer or smart phone and type in the song or artist's name. Even with 15 millions songs, I have been able to search for songs they don't have. This site did have a fair amount of "RootBoy Slim" and you gotta respect that!

Looks like my car is the old technology. I still have to burn CD's to get music there. Someday I'll replace that system.

No comments:

Post a Comment