Friday, March 18, 2011


Russell, the wonder bean. (doesn't he look like a coffee bean?)

As Skye has gotten older she isn't able to take the long walks everyday. So Russell and I have started walking at night for a little exercise. That has worked out well and now we are taking a walk during the day. On Wednesday we started obedience training, sit stay and heel. I anticipated a bit of resistance as Russell can be headstrong and independent. Russell adapted very quickly and seem to find a little joy in following the new rules for walking. I've trained all of my dogs before but have never found a dog who learned and obeyed in one session. We continued the lessons yesterday and Russell fell right in line. I waited until Russell was two before starting training, owing to all his unfocused energy. Naturally there are moments of testing and distraction. He is responding so well. I think he really likes to please.

I have avoided treating the puppies differently, but Russell needs more exercise (as do I). Even yesterday, Skye didn't even want to go for a walk, as she in her way, just stared and held her ground as we prepared to head out. So my new plan is to give each dog what they want rather than trying to treat them the same.

I've rented the one bedroom apartment (finally). Today I'm tethered to the house until the delivery guy appears with my new phone. I chose the new HTC Thunderbolt, the only 4G phone Verizon has to offer. This is my third HTC/Windows pda. Tonight is UNC basketball at 7pm and then I'll drive into Charlotte to see The Mantras play at the Neighborhood Theater. I'll take the camera of course. Hope it is not too awkward seeing Brian. I have no idea if he is aware of my continuing friendship with his ex-girlfriend. Although we rarely speak of him.

OK delivery man, show up already. I got things to do! Damn deliveries requiring signatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment