Sunday, March 27, 2011

the HTC Thunderbolt

Verizon started building out their 4g network in anticipation of their first 4g phone, the HTC Thunderbolt. The phone was made available for purchase a few days ago and mine arrived on Thursday. It is based on the Android operating system, by Google. This is my first departure from the Windows operating system in my last 2 pda's. Presently running ver. 2.2 with the upgrade to 2.3 to be released soon.

This pda, being from Google is all about data organization. It will be of much greater utility if you have been using Google for your email, calendar and contacts. All of this will be accessed by the pda when you set it up. It also can access your Facebook site and include you FB friends' contact information and integrate is as well. All data can be accessed from the phone app, the contacts, and the Facebook app.

There are about 28gb of storage space. Music player, FM radio, Pantara and I shall try out internet radio tomorrow.  When connected to the WiFi, it will access the media on any of my computers and external hard drive and I can play anything stored on any of my various drives wirelessly. It is easy to load music using the HTC sync app very quickly. Outlook data can be sync'd as well (haven't tried that yet).

There are many apps that can be downloaded and installed. I have installed Google maps and there is a built in GPS that seems to work pretty well. I'll be putting that through it's paces too. Weather app (not working yet).

I'll be adding to this review over the next few days. So far, phone, contact manager, music player, and gps. Oh and Internet access is nearly as fast as my home network. Works with my Bluetooth ear piece, too.

Overall, quite pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment