Sunday, February 20, 2011

Umphreys McGee last night

Made to the show last night at the Fillmore. UM is one of my favorite bands. I have traveled to see them in Amsterdam, Jamaica, Jam Cruise, Bear Creek, Echo, Vegoose, AllGood, and several others as well as shows around NC. They played an excellent show once again. I have just finished downloading it.

I got there a bit too early. Zack Deputy opens and ...boring. So got there at 8:15 and UM didn't start until 10:00pm. I hate the Fillmore, ticket fees, and no place to sit. Security is awful, I was halfway seated on a low bench and was instructed to get up. Worse, the bread and butter shows that would be at the Visualite and the Neighborhood Theater, thus making it more likely they will suffer loss and close.

Right before the band starts I was thinking how tired I was and wondering how long I would make it. Once the bad started I found enough energy to stay through the whole show, until after 1:00am.

I even ordered a ticket for a two night run in Asheville of WideSpread Panic's 25th anniversary tour, in April. PGroove next week, Boone and Greensboro.

No comments:

Post a Comment