Friday, February 18, 2011

so busted

This morning I'm walking back from having a celebratory breakfast at Toast. I have my earbuds in and listening to 80s new wave and singing along, as I'm known to do. I generally check to see if anyone is near enough to hear me, but was surprised by a late twenties, tall, willowy blond, as pretty as a picture, coming up from behind me and smiling. I react with shock and surprise pulling a earpiece out to hear her say "Go with it." Walking too fast for me to catch her (I don't think she intended for me to catch up) I just went back to singing, but somewhat softer, lol. I guess I need a rear view mirror.





Today is the 27th anniversary of my journey into recovery from drug addiction. I don't blog about this much but thought I'd just mention it. 9,862 days. I've been a faithful member of Narcotics Anonymous all this time. I can't claim to be responsible for either my addiction for my relief from it, but I can take credit for making to somewhere around 7000 meetings. That takes will.



No comments:

Post a Comment