Friday, February 4, 2011

Food, friendship, vocal pedals, and upcoming shows

Feeling pretty good these days, at least relative to my usual malaise. Slept 8 hours even with Russell awakening me to let him out around 4am. Right back to sleep until he decided I should get up around 7:30. Made more muffins (blueberry cheesecake) for breakfast and she crab soup for a late lunch. Two cans of Harris's she crab soup, two cans of milk and about 6 ounces of blue crab meat. Added fresh French bread and yum. Rain and cold weather bring on the cook in me. Or I just hate to go out in the rain and find motivation in hunger. Self care is always good.

I've made a new friend who simulates my mind. We don't get to see each other often but when we do we talk and talk and talk. When we must part, we discover that we have even more to talk about than we did when we started. Another voracious reader. Looking forward to our next visit.

My latest pedal was delivered this week. It is a TC Helicon VoiceTone Correct. What this does is correct the signal from the microphone and compares it to a chromatic scale and "corrects" the tone to the proper (closest 1/2 step) note. That alone would be cool enough, but the real advantage for me is that I can hear myself uncorrected though you jaw and the corrected tone through the amp. This allows me to learn to correct my tone to pitch with practice. The VoiceTone Correct also sends a more accurate tone to the Vocal Harmonizer so that the wavering in my tone doesn't affect the harmonized frequencies and makes them cleaner.

My tenet in the 2br upstairs apartment was finally told he had to send his friend packing. He was the one being generous to her, but in fact we were footing the bill. Glad to see her go. Offered to rent her the empty 1br upstairs and start paying, an offer she declined. Guess she'll look for another free ride.

Off to Moorseville tonight to hear Keith Allen (of The Mantras) play. Yes, even in the rain. Maybe Dark Star Orchestra tomorrow and maybe North Mississippi Allstars on Monday. Then Project/Object on Thursday at the Visualite.
 
Rain, rain, rain. More guitar playing next.

No comments:

Post a Comment