Friday, August 10, 2012

How my day started

Walking Russell before dawn this morning I meet my Oncologist walking his dog. He lives across the street. Since yesterday I was wondering if my casual attitude towards this episode was in error. He thought that with the small number of tumors (good to have got it so fast) that treatment should be successful. What worried him (and now me) was that I cancer free after the lung cancer treatment and now that is not true and likely to return in the future. Yesterday I called that "chasing the cancer."

I next asked about my financial plan. I have been planning my investments to last about 10 years out (about 2 years ago). He thought maybe 5 would be a more reasonable plan. He added that if I run out of money I can come over and he'll lend me some.

We also discussed my odd ability to suppress the growth of the cancer cells. He said there were some for whom this held true. The doctors don't know why or by what mechanism this occurs. I guess like dark matter.

Real game changing conversation on the side of the road at 6:30am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment