Thursday, August 9, 2012

Here we go again

The results from my latest scans are in. Cancer found in my brain again.  I'll start treatment on Monday. Looks like the radiation oncologist will be using stereotactic radiotherapy. This is pin point radiation, as opposed, to the whole brain radiation I had in 2008. High levels of radiation and fewer exposures. I'll know more about the treatment after interviewing the treating physician.

Hard to believe that the cancer in my brain waited 4 years to return. My oncologist told me today that when he first saw my case in 2008 that he thought I'd only live for 6 months. He also said that he had never seen a case where the patient's cancer had grown so slowly. Seems I have something unusual.

So, 2008 brain, 2011 lung, 2012 brain cancer. I asked my oncologist today, am I going to be chasing cancer the rest of my life? He replied yes.

I never really expected life to take these turns.

After selling the house and the airplane I organized my assets with the intent of living at least ten more years. Maybe that was optimistic. I think I need to blow about $20,000 on a trip to Europe.


1 comment: