Thursday, February 9, 2012

i'm back

I have been remiss in updating this the past week. I have been getting radiation for the past two weeks and have three more weeks to go. No noticeable side effects have arisen. Getting some exercise and am feeling better. Picked up a friend at the airport last night. It was the furthest I have driven in 6 months.  Then I'll start the months of getting back into the best shape I can be.

I am beginning to feel like I may be just beat this disease. For 3 1/2 years this cancer has occupied my thoughts, activities, and finances. After the reclaiming of my physical health, I will need to find or discover what to do next with my life. I think I'll try to get my hypnotherapy practice going.

I have decided to quit Narcotics Anonymous. After 28 years I have found that it doesn't meet my needs. I'm sure I was helpful to many members and the organization as a whole. Somehow, that is no longer my path. I think I held on for way too long, should have resigned 10 years ago. I feel relief.

My life is now (mostly) free of obligations and I can move in any direction that I choose. I have been quite driven (MA, PhD, computer certs.(MCSE, CCNA), scuba, hiking, sailing, flying) going through life accomplishing what I needed and wanted to do. Now the slate is clean. I can be ready for whatever comes. Free to start the next chapter in my life. A chapter I seriously doubted I would get to experience. Maybe I will. I can be in that 15% that survive this horrible disease.


No comments:

Post a Comment